A new wireless system is available for PCAD Students, Faculty, Staff, and Guests. It features faster speeds, better coverage including into the Art Garden in front of the builidng, and increased security. See instructions below to log on.
Instructions for Android KitKat and higher are below.
- Open your phones Wifi Settings.
- Select "Pride" from the list of connections.
- Under EAP Method, select TTLS. Phase 2: PAP.
- Don't validate the CA certificate.
- Enter the first part of your email as your identity.
- Use your email password.
Instructions for OSX 10.7 and higher are below. Click any image to enlarge. Very similar steps can be taken on an iOS device to connect to WiFi.
These and other devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops) can be brought to the I.T. department for assistance in connecting.
- Download and open the configuration file: PCAD_Wireless_Profile.mobileconfig (alternate link)
Click Continue when you are met with the following window after opening this file:
Again click Continue to confirm you want to load these wireless settings:
At the next window it is important to not make a typo!
You'll want to enter your PCAD SignOn that you use for email and other PCAD services.
This typically is your first and last name lower-case with no punctuation or spaces.
Enter your MacBook's administrator name and password.
Successful configuration should look similar to this(unverified is fine):
Click Show All at the top of this window, click on Network in the middle of the window, then select WiFi as shown below. Ensure Wi-Fi is 'On' and that Network Name is changed to 'Pride'.
A successful connection will appear similar to the below:
- Download the network setup for your OS:
- Run the program with Administrator permissions.
- When prompted for a Login, use your PCA&D Google Account username(Only the bit before the @) and password.
- Hit next, and let the installer finish. Reboot after it is done, and you're good to go.*
*Notes: You may want to keep the installer somewhere if you change your password to your google account often. You will have to run this each time you change your password.
Contact I.T. if you experience any problems with connecting wirelessly.